On August 28, 2018, Couch Bandits officially launched. Even though it’s only been a month, the time has flown by, and looking back, it’s been quite the whirlwind!
We got the opportunity to interview some really cool people, including:
- Ben Boles, an indie game developer: Game Development 101: Ben Boles Shares His Story
- Topher Hansson, an independent film maker: What We’re Watching: Dark Roast
- Fenreliania, an indie game dev: Indie Game Dev Spotlight: Fenreliania Transforms Heart Into Experimental Game Design
We’re super excited to continue building our Developer Corner, where you can read about the latest indie games and interviews with their developers.
We also featured our very first guest contributor: Ben Gogel. His debut pieces were fantastic reads about some of our favorite games:
- First Impressions: The Messenger — A Sharp Slice of Gaiden Goodness
- Retrospective: Revisiting Cuphead One Year Later
If you’re interested in contributing to Couch Bandits, feel free to reach out! We’d love to collaborate. We actually have our next guest contributor debuting tomorrow, so make sure to come back and check his article out!
We’d also like to take a moment to reflect on the past month and our favorite moments. It’s hard to pick your favorites after working hard on each and every article, but we keep coming back to these five pieces in particular:
- Why We Keep Coming Back to Oblivion
- I Kicked a Hole in the Wall Over Mario Party
- Why We Love Games
- Star Wars EU Classics: Knights of the Old Republic
- A RuneScape Story: The Assassination of ImCool9000
- Game Talk: Spider-Man PS4
We hope you enjoy them!
And speaking of enjoyment, we’d been having a blast streaming on Twitch. We started two playthroughs this month: one for Divinity: Original Sin 2 and one for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Check out our favorite moments here:
We plan to continue streaming every Thursday night, and we always upload our archived streams to our YouTube channel. For more details, see our Upload Schedule or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for live update notifications.
That’s about it for this month! We owe each and every one of our readers and followers a big thank you. We appreciate all the support and love, and we’ve met some great people through this blog already, including:
- The Adventure Rules
- After Story Gaming
- Later Levels
- Nintendo Baz
- Clan McCraken Gaming
- Bearded Gamer 82 Gaming Blog
- Hannie Bee Games
Here’s to many more months of fun!
What did you accomplish in September? Feel free to share your favorite work in the comments below—we’re more than happy to spread the love!
While Couch Bandits is a passion project, we also want to make sure you’re enjoying yourself! If you have any feedback, please fill out and submit our Contact Us form.